This home-baked treat is great for healthy snacking on the go.
- 2 1/2 cups rolled oats
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1/2 cup fresh-brewed Britt espresso
- 2 oz. unsalted butter (1/2 stick)
- 2/3 cup maple syrup
- 3 eggs, room temperature
- 2/3 cup whole milk
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 3/4 cup dried cherries, chopped if large
- Melt and brown butter in a small skillet, set aside.
- In a large bowl, mix together syrup, milk and eggs.
- Whisk until well blended. Stir in melted butter and whisk some more.
- Pour into oat mixture and stir well.
- Let stand for about 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, preheat oven to 350. Butter a loaf pan or line a 12-cup muffin tin with foil liners and butter the liners.
- Stir nuts and cherries into oat mixture.
- Scoop mixture in half-cup measurements into the muffin cups or into the loaf pan.
- Press down a little to compact.
- Bake at 350 for 35 to 50 minutes (loaf pan will take longer) until a tester comes out clean.
- Serve in a bowl with milk, yogurt or cream.
- Leftovers reheat well for snacking later.