Prep time: 15 minutes, Yield:
8 servings, Enjoy in 3 hours
- 2 cups sugar
- 1/4 cup pulverized Britt Espresso roast beans
- Ice cubes
- 8 shots very cold coffee liqueur (optional)
- 8 shots very cold vodka (optional)
- 8 cups very cold club soda
- Combine the sugar and 2 cups water in a medium saucepan.
- Bring to a boil over high heat and cook until the sugar is completely melted (about 2 minutes).
- Remove from heat, add the pulverized espresso beans and let sit at room temperature for 30 minutes.
- Strain, cover and refrigerate until very cold, at least 2 hours.
- Fill 8 tall glasses with ice. Add about ¼ cup of the espresso syrup to each glass.
- If desired, add a shot of vodka and coffee liqueur to the glass, stir well.
- Fill to the top with club soda. Oooo, la la!
- Place chocolate chips in a small bowl.
- Bring brewed coffee to simmer in a small saucepan.
- Pour heated coffee over the chips and stir until melted and smooth.
- Let mixture stand until it begins to thicken (about an hour).
- Spread evenly over the brownies.