Surprise your guest with these highly rated cupcakes.
We used Café Britt espresso to make them even more delicious!
- 1 1/3 cup All-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup Britt Cocoa powder
- 1 Baking powder
- 1/2 tsp Baking soda
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 1/2 cup Whole milk
- 1/2 cup Café Britt espresso roast, brewed
- 1 1/2 - 2 tsp Café Britt espresso roast, crushed into powder
- 1 Vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup Unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1/2 cup Sugar
- 1/2 cup Light brown sugar
- 1 Egg, at room temperature
- 1 cup Unsalted butter at room temperature
- 2 1/2 cups Powdered sugar
- 1 1/2 tsp Vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 tsp Britt Espresso roast, crushed into powder
Adorn finished cupcakes with sweet heart candies or bits of Café Britt chocolate-covered espresso beans.
- Mix the espresso powder into the brewed Britt Espresso until dissolved.
- Set aside to cool to room temperature.
- Preheat oven to 350. Line a standard-sized muffin tin with paper liners.
- Whisk together the flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- Use an electric mixer to beat the butter and both sugars together until light and fluffy (about 2-3 minutes).
- Add the egg and beat until combined.
- In a measuring cup, combine the milk, brewed coffee mixture and vanilla.
- Slowly add the flour mixture, alternating with the coffee mixture, ending with the flour mixture.
- Divide the batter evenly among the 12 muffin liners.
- Bake for 17-20 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center of a cupcake comes out clean.
- Allow to cool completely before frosting.
- Mix the espresso powder into the vanilla until dissolved.
- Set aside.
- Using a whisk attachment in an electric mixer, whip the butter on medium-high speed for 5 minutes.
- Stop once to scrape sides of bowl. Reduce mixer to low speed, add the powdered sugar a little at a time.
- Scrape the bowl again. Increase the mixer speed to medium-high and whip until fluffy (about 1-2 minutes).
- Add the espresso and vanilla mixture and blend well.
- Frost completely cooled cupcakes.
- Decorate with Britt chocolate-covered espresso beans.