Espresso coffee gives this easy-to-make marinade a bold flavor that earned high marks at homecooking.com Try it as a cooking sauce for grilled or baked pork, beef or chicken. Covered and refrigerated, it’ll last about two weeks.
- 1/2 cup brewed Café Britt Espresso or strongly brewed Dark Roast
- 1 cup ketchup
- 1/2 cup cider vinegar
- 1/2 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 1 onion, peeled and finely chopped, about 1 cup
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled and crushed
- 3 fresh hot chili peppers, such as jalapeno, or hotter if desired, seeded
- 2 Tablespoons hot dry mustard mixed with 1 tablespoon warm water
- 2 Tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 Tablespoons ground cumin
- 2 Tablespoons chili powder
- Put all ingredients in a small pot, stir together and simmer over medium-high heat.
- Lower the heat and let the mixture simmer for 20 minutes.
- Let the mixture cool, then puree in a blender or food processor.
- Makes about three cups