A little coffee can take an already delicious brownie recipe over the top. Britt Tarrazú does the job nicely here.
Its bold flavor with natural chocolaty undertones is a perfect accompaniment to the sweet ingredients of this classic treat.
In a pinch, any strongly brewed Britt dark roast will do. Enjoy!
- Nonstick vegetable oil spray
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 sticks unsalted butter
- 3/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 3 tablespoons finely ground Britt Tarrazú coffee beans
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 large eggs
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup chopped Britt Macadamias
- 1 cup bittersweet or semisweet chocolate chips
- Combine sugar, butter, cocoa, ground coffee and salt in a large metal bowl.
- Place the bowl over a saucepan of simmering water and whisk until butter melts and ingredients are blended (texture will be grainy).
- Remove the mixture from the water.
- Whisk in the eggs and vanilla.
- Sift flour over the mixture and fold in.
- Mix in the macadamias.
- Spray a 13x9x2-inch metal pan with nonstick spray.
- Spread in the batter.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 350° for about 25 minutes.
- Insert a toothpick in the center to make sure is done.
- Let brownies cool in the pan.