Quick and tasty, these muffins are a whole new way to enjoy Britt coffee!
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Baking time: 30 minutes
- 1/3 cup melted butter
- 4 ripe bananas, smashed
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 tablespoons strong coffee
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- Pinch salt
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup chopped macadamia or pecans
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Grease a 12 cup muffin tin or use paper liners.
- With a wooden spoon, mix butter into the mashed bananas in a large mixing bowl.
- Mix in the sugar, egg, coffee and vanilla.
- Sprinkle the baking soda and salt over the mixture and mix in.
- Add the flour, mix until it is just incorporated.
- Fold in the chopped pecans.
- Pour mixture into a prepared muffin tin.
- Bake for 20 to 30 minutes. Cool on a rack.
- Cook's note: To check to see if the muffins are done; with a toothpick insert into the center of a muffin, if it comes out clean, it's done.