To get ready, we made this scrumptious dessert we found on eatingwell.com using Cafe Britt Dark Roast.
We think you'll love it and feel good about it, too.
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup Britt cocoa powder
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup nonfat milk
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup pecan halves, toasted
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 1/3 cups hot, strong Cafe Britt Dark Roast
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Lightly coat an 8-by-8-inch baking dish with cooking spray.
- Stir together flour, sugar, cocoa, baking powder and salt in a large bowl.
- Combine milk, egg, oil and vanilla in a glass measuring cup.
- Make a well in center of the dry ingredients and gradually pour in the milk mixture, stirring until combined.
- Stir in pecans.
- Spoon into the prepared pan and spread evenly.
- Dissolve brown sugar in coffee; spoon over batter.
- Bake until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean, about 25 minutes.
- Let stand for 10 minutes; serve hot or warm.