- 2 TBS finely ground dark roast coffee
- 2 TBS chile powder
- 2 TBS dark brown sugar
- 1 TBS smoked paprika
- 1 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1 TBS kosher salt
- Four 10-oz strip steaks
- In a small bowl, stir together the coffee, chile powder, brown sugar, paprika, cumin, and salt until evenly mixed.
- Rub the mixture on all sides of the steaks. Let steaks sit at room temperature for 30 minutes.
- Grill the steaks over moderate heat, turning once, until they are charred outside and medium-rare within, about 11-13 minutes.
- Transfer to a clean plate and let rest for 10 minutes before serving.
- Serve with chimichurri sauce.