Our product of the month: Costa Rica Fair Trade Coffee. Click on the video to find out more about this specific blend.
Weekly Britt: Summer is around the corner.... Time for BBQ!
Espresso coffee gives this easy-to-make marinade a bold flavor that earned high marks at homecooking.com Try it as a cooking sauce for grilled or baked pork, beef or chicken. Covered and refrigerated, it’ll last about two weeks.
- 1/2 cup brewed Café Britt Espresso or strongly brewed Dark Roast
- 1 cup ketchup
- 1/2 cup cider vinegar
- 1/2 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 1 onion, peeled and finely chopped, about 1 cup
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled and crushed
- 3 fresh hot chili peppers, such as jalapeno, or hotter if desired, seeded
- 2 Tablespoons hot dry mustard mixed with 1 tablespoon warm water
- 2 Tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 Tablespoons ground cumin
- 2 Tablespoons chili powder
How to make:
Put all ingredients in a small pot, stir together and simmer over medium-high heat. Lower the heat and let the mixture simmer for 20 minutes. Let the mixture cool, then puree in a blender or food processor. Makes about three cups.Fuente: www.homecooking.about.com