Prep time: 5 mins
Cook time: 30 mins
Total time: 35 mins
A chilled Vanilla Latte Chia Parfait makes for a great summer breakfast to get you going!
• 2 Shots of Espresso (Hot) or 2/3 C. Coffee/Espresso
• 1 tsp. Agave Nectar
• 21/2 T. Chia Seeds
• 1/3 C. Vanilla Non-Dairy Milk
• 11/2 T. Chia Seeds
• Pinch of Salt
• Optional: Pinch of Cinnamon
• Whipped Cream
• Chocolate Syrup
• Agave Nectar
1. Using a small glass/bowl stir together the hot espresso and agave nectar until the nectar dissolves. If you want the coffee flavor to be less bitter, use cold-pressed coffee, just know that it will take longer for the chia seeds to soak up the liquid.
2. Next, stir 2½ T. chia seeds into the espresso and put in the fridge to cool.
3. For the vanilla mixture, I steamed the milk until hot and a tad frothy. If you don’t have a steamer, heat the milk until hot or just stir the seeds into cold milk. As mentioned before, it will take longer for the seeds to soak up the liquid.
4. Stir the seeds and salt into the warm milk and set in the refrigerator until chilled.
5. Once both mixtures are cool, use a tall, skinny glass and layer the two mixtures until you run out.
6. Top with any of the optional toppings, or ALL of them if you want a loaded latte parfait! Serve cold.