Coffee Cinnamon Roll
April 2015, Wednesday
How to Prepare
- 1 cup warm milk (lukewarm, not hot)
- 2 eggs at room temperature
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 4 and 1/2 cups Flour
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 2 and 1/4 tsp dry active yeast (or 1 envelope)
- 1/2 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1/2 white sugar
- 2 and 1/2 tbsp cinnamon
- 2/3 cup butter, melted
- 6-7 cups powdered sugar
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 2 tbps milk
- 1/4 cup melted butter
- 1/4 cup brewed coffee
- 1/8 tsp Salt
For the Rolls:
- Heat the milk. Sprinkle the yeast over the milk and let sit for a minute,until its all moist.
In the bowl of a stand mixer, fitted with the dough hook, add the milk, yeast, eggs, butter, flour, salt and sugar.
- Mix until a ball of dough forms. Continue to knead for another 5 minutes.
- Place the dough in a lightly greased bowl and let rise until doubled in size.
- After the dough has doubled in size turn it out onto a lightly floured surface, cover and let rest for 10 minutes.
- In a small bowl, combine brown sugar, white sugar and cinnamon. Melt the butter.
- Roll dough into a 16x21-inch rectangle. Brush the dough with the butter
and sprinkle evenly with sugar/cinnamon mixture. Roll up dough and cut
into 12 pieces.
- Place rolls in a lightly greased 9x13 inch baking pan. Cover and let rise until nearly doubled, about 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Bake rolls until golden brown, about 15 minutes.
- While rolls are baking, make the glaze. Combine all ingredients in a
bowl and whisk until smooth. Glaze should be thick, but pour-able.
Adjust to taste as needed.
- Generously drizzle glaze on warm rolls. Make sure you completely cover
the tops and sides. The buns will absorb some of the glaze as they sit