Almond and walnut Biscotti - 22 cm. mold
95 grs. of ground almond
15 grs. corn starch
1/2 teaspoon yeast
1/2 chemical leavening teaspoon (Royal)
1/4 tablespoon gound cinnamon
1 pinch of salt
3 medium-size eggs
100 grs of sugar
peeling of 1/2 orange
40 grs of non-fine chopped walnuts
Coffee and chocolate mousse
3 jello non-flavored sheets
1 cup of strong coffee
75 gr of 55% chocolate
75 ml whole milk
25 gr of sugar
200 ml whipping cream
1 tablespoon of Amaretto or Frangelico
125 ml of water
50 gr of sugar
1 teaspoon or Amaretto or Frangelico
2 jello non-flavored sheets
50 grs of sugar
20 gr of water
2 egg yolks
100 ml whipping cream
165 gr of mascarpone
1 tablespoon Amaretto or Frangelico
- Preheat the oven on 200 c
- Chop the walnuts and set aside
- Mix the almonds with the corn starch, the yeast, cinnamon, a pinch of salt and set aside.
- In a bowl, whisk the eggyolks with the sugar until they look like a sponge, add the orange peel and mix the almonds.
- Mix the eggwhites to a merenge point with a pinch of sald, add add two tablespoons of the mixture to decrese the density and the rest folding the mixture, trying not to let it go too flat. last, the chopped nuts, not mixing too much.
- Place baking paper on the bottom of the mold, put grase over the paper and over this put some flour, getting rid of the excess flour. Pour the mixture in the mold and place in the oven for approximately 25 minutes, take out and set aside.
- Melt the chocolate in the microwave at low temperature and mix with the hot mild until it is dissolved. whisk the yolk with the sugar until it whitens and add the warm chocolate milk.
- Mix and add to the chocolate-milk-mixture.
- Let cool and add the beatten eggyolk and the whipping cream (separately) folding the mixture.
- Dip the bizcotti in the syrup until it is moist, spread the chocolate mousse and coffee over the biscotti, and refrigerate for a half an hour minimum.
- Leave the jello hydrating in cold water for 5-8 minutes.
- Place the mascarpone with the whipping cream (very cold) and set aside.
- Put a pot on bain marie with the yolks and amaretto with the help of an electric mixer until risen.
- Prepare a syrup with sugar and water, boiling for one minute, and add the hydrated jello, mixing very well.
- Pour over the yolks very slowly mixing all the time.
- Let cool lightly so the jello doesn´t harden, and mix to the mascarpone cream
- Take out the mold from the fride, pour the mascarpone mix and give slight taps to it.
- This will go back into the fride for a minimum of 6 hours, but it it best to leave it over night.
- Pour powdered chocolate over it to serve
Prepare the biscotti:
Chocolate and coffee mousse:
Make the jello as directed with cold water and add the hot coffee to it.
Prepare a syrup with water, sugar and liquor, boiling for a few minuites.
For the mascarpone mousse: